Why living in La Josefina?
Because it is convenient! La Josefina is an area that is conveniently located between Tamarindo to the South and many more beaches like Conchal, Grande, Flamingo to the North. It’s an area known for the richness of its soil, good water sources, big mature trees and big properties. More and more people are choosing to live here nowadays.
Here are some reasons I chose and many Europeans, Americans and Costa Ricans chose to live in La Josefina:
- There's more options of properties with big pieces of land at a reasonable price compared to the beach towns. It attracts a lot of Europeans looking for green space and privacy.
- Access to supermarkets and local fruit markets. We have a selection of 3 major supermarkets within a short drive, no more than 10 minutes. If you forgot something or want to go get a few things, you would never hesitate to hop in your car and go. Also, there is never heavy traffic around.
- Pharmacies and medical assistance is also within a very short drive. We had an emergency with our son a couple years ago and we were glad to get to the clinic in no time and get the service we needed at a super affordable price.
- All of private schools are within a short 30 second to 15 minute ride. We ended up choosing the school located at the corner of our neighborhood, only 30 secs away called Educarte.
- We are surfers in our family so distance to surfing beaches was very important. From La Josefina, we can go for surf and then be ready for whatever else we have to do in the day within minutes. I also pick up my kid from school in the afternoon and take him surfing where he likes to.
There are three main places to live in La Josefina:
1) Area of 1-1.25 acre properties with bigger houses, amazing landscaped properties, private pools of all sizes and more space.
2) The Oaks, which is a complex of 2 bed - 2 bath condos, distributed in 16 buildings of 3 floors, this place is popular for singles, couples or small families. They have 3 pools, walking trails, plenty of parking and a dog park.
3) El Sandal where we chose to live, because it’s a smaller community of only 30 townhomes, 1 communal pool. The townhomes are 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms plus a little yard where we can store things, barbecue, have a garden and still by paying a low HOA per month.
Living here is very easy and convenient because the strategic location and accessibility to services. If you have any desire of living here or maybe have questions on the area, feel free to contact me!